[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo C / EGA / Mouse programming??

kevino@hpccc.HP.COM (Kevin Owen) (01/11/89)

I am using Turbo C 2.0 to write a mouse based application that uses the EGA
video mode.  I would like to take advantage of both of the video pages
available in this mode.  The mouse works great on page zero but dissappears
when I switch to page one.  I am using the Turbo C calls "setactivepage(1)"
and "setvisualpage(1)".  Could someone who has experimented with this please
suggest what I might be doing wrong.  I am using a 256K EGA board and an
MS mouse.

Thanks for your help.

"Keep on Hacking"
 _   ,                   __                 Kevin Owen @ Hewlett-Packard
' ) /                   / ')                Cupertino, California
 /-<   _ , __o  ____   /  / , , , _  ____   Phone :    (408) 447-0218
/   ) </_\/ <__/ / <  (__/ (_(_/_</_/ / <_  UN*X Mail  ...hplabs!hpccc!kevino

sullivan@phyllis.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (01/13/89)

In article <5060042@hpccc.HP.COM> kevino@hpccc.HP.COM (Kevin Owen) writes:
>I am using Turbo C 2.0 to write a mouse based application that uses the EGA
>video mode.  I would like to take advantage of both of the video pages
>available in this mode.  The mouse works great on page zero but dissappears
>when I switch to page one.  I am using the Turbo C calls "setactivepage(1)"
>and "setvisualpage(1)".  Could someone who has experimented with this please

I haven't tried this, but according to my documentation, int 0x33 with
ax set to function 0x1d puts the cursor on the video page specified in bx.

Fred Sullivan				SUNY at Binghamton
Dept. Math. Sciences			Binghamton, NY 13903
					sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu
First you make a roux!

kevino@hpccc.HP.COM (Kevin Owen) (01/18/89)

For those of you who might be interested the mouse interupt function suggested
by Fred Sullivan works!  This particular function call is not mentioned in my
MS mouse documentation - so thank you Fred for taking the time to respond.