[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Hard disk recommendations wanted

sweedler@yale.UUCP (Jonathan Sweedler) (06/09/87)

I am planning on buying a hard disk for my IBM PC soon and would like
to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with any
particular brand.  I want a 30M-40M external drive with a bootable
controller and would like to be able to partition it.  Please send mail
to me as I do not read this newsgroup.  Thanks in advance.

--
UUCP:  ...!{seismo,decvax}!yale!sweedler
ARPA:  sweedler@yale.arpa                          Jonathan Sweedler

paul@cacilj.UUCP (Paul Close) (01/16/89)

I was thinking of the Seagate 4096, an 80mb, 28ms drive.  However, I
heard recently that since Seagate moved its main plant, the drives
haven't been as reliable.  So now I'm wondering if anyone else has heard
of (or better yet, experienced) any reliability problems.

Also, as the title implies, I'm interested in any recommendations.  I'm
holding out for a 28ms drive....
--
Paul Close	paul@cacilj.CTS.COM 	...!{uunet, ucsd, crash}!cacilj!paul

    The Obi-wan Kenobi method:  "Use the Source, Luke"	-Jim Fulton

mark@mamab.UUCP (Mark Woodruff) (01/18/89)

I'd highly recommend the Micropolis 1325 or 1335 drive (68 meg, 28
msec, 1024 cyl, 8 head, 35,000+ hours MTBF, *very* quiet).

mark

---
 * Origin: MaMaB--the Machine in Mark's Bedroom *HST* (Opus 1:363/9)