[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Wanted PC program for PieCharts/Graphs DESPERATE!!!!

vijay@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Vijay Vaidyanathan) (01/16/89)

I need to draw a handful of piecharts, and bargraphs but require fairly
high quality output (Laser/Plotter). I am sure that there are some
Public Domain programs around that would do just this, but no one I
know seems to have and idea of where I can get it from!!!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction!
I've been trying to do this for quite a while and I MUST break the jinx!

Eternally grateful
				- Vijay
E-Mail: vijay@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
Address:
Home:   Apt #3, 208 Hudson Street
        Johnson City, NY 13790
        Tel: (607) 777 4431

Office: Department of Computer Science
        SUNY, Binghamton
        NY 13901

kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin "auric" Crocker) (01/23/89)

In article <1720@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, vijay@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Vijay Vaidyanathan) writes:
> I need to draw a handful of piecharts, and bargraphs but require fairly
> high quality output (Laser/Plotter). I am sure that there are some
> 				- Vijay

Vijay, if you have access to Lotus 123 then they have a very
inexpensive product called Value Pack that adds postscript driver
support as well as many other things.  You may want to check into this
as they have a very good response - you may even be able to get VALUE
PACK in your local cs store.

Good luck.

Kevin
--
Kevin "Auric" Crocker @Athabasca University {alberta ncc}auvax!kevinc

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (01/24/89)

In article <845@auvax.UUCP>, kevinc@auvax.UUCP (Kevin "auric" Crocker) writes:
> In article <1720@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, vijay@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Vijay Vaidyanathan) writes:
> > I need to draw a handful of piecharts, and bargraphs but require fairly
> > high quality output (Laser/Plotter). I am sure that there are some
> > 				- Vijay
>
> Vijay, if you have access to Lotus 123 then they have a very
> inexpensive product called Value Pack that adds postscript driver
> support as well as many other things.  You may want to check into this
> as they have a very good response - you may even be able to get VALUE
> PACK in your local cs store.
>
> Kevin "Auric" Crocker @Athabasca University {alberta ncc}auvax!kevinc

However, the PostScript driver in the Value Pack only supports PostScript
printers attached through COM port -- no support for parallel printer
PostScript printers.  Since networked PostScript printers are ALWAYS
attached to PCs through the parallel port, the Value Pack isn't
very useful unless you are directly attached to a PostScript printer.

I sell a product that provides PostScript support for programs that
don't have PostScript support, including Lotus 1-2-3 talking to
networked PostScript printers.  If you need networked PostScript
printer support, contact me.

--
Clayton E. Cramer
{pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer