[comp.sys.ibm.pc] virus?

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) (01/25/89)

In an earlier article, ssreefc@techunix.BITNET (florin coter) wrote:
>     The "ball" started to move across the screen bouncing from some
>     imaginary borders AND from some words or letters. Exiting the
>     current task or switching between text and graphic modes did not
>     cure the "ball".

I answered:

>This is almost certainly a problem in your monitor.  I suspect a bad
>power supply.

Shane Murphy sent me email saying hardware could not cause this
problem and:

     In fact, it's an exact description of the effects caused by
     the infamous (at least in the UK) "Italian Virus".

     PLEASE don't spread this sort of disinformation. I don't have
     permission to post articles to the net, so I'd appreciate it if
     you could perhaps "correct" your statement, maybe by changing the
     words "almost certainly" to "perhaps".

     Thank you, and sorry for taking up some of your time, but I feel
     that this is an important matter !

     shane murphy

     Computer Laboratory, Cambridge University, United Kingdom.

     JANET: smm12@uk.ac.cam.phx

So there you have the whole picture.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi