[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC Write and a Laserwriter II

bear@bgsuvax.UUCP (Michael D. Bear) (01/24/89)

 	I have a problem trying to get PC write 3.02 to print to an Apple
Laserwriter IIntx.  It works with other programs, and standard postscript
files, but not with pc-write.  I captured the output on disk, and found
that it was not postscript code.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

--
Michael D. Bear                     UUCP    .!cbosgd!osu-cis!bgsuvax!bear
Computer Technician                 CSNET   bear@bgsu.edu

boyer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (01/25/89)

Michael D. Bear writes:
>        I have a problem trying to get PC write 3.02 to print to an Apple
>Laserwriter IIntx.  It works with other programs, and standard postscript
>files, but not with pc-write.  I captured the output on disk, and found
>that it was not postscript code.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

You probably need to send the "header file" to the printer before you send
your PC-Write output.  In v2.7 this file was called PSDOWN.PS (I think).
There are probably two versions of the header file, one for networked and
one for non-networked printers.  You can concatenate the header file onto the
output file and send the combination to a network printer.  For a non-networked
printer you probably only need to send the header file once (each time you
power up the printer).

Dave Boyer