[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Lex/Yacc for PC's?

jkj90357@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/27/89)

Can someone point me to public domain or shareware versions of Lex and
Yacc available for the PC?  I know that MKS has released versions,
however, poor starving students find it hard to afford them.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Johnson	University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Internet:	jkj90357%uxa@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
UUCP:		{convex, uunet, pur-ee}!uiucuxc!uiucuxa!jkj90357

kiy@pte.UUCP (Kevin Young) (01/31/89)

In article <111700023@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jkj90357@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Can someone point me to public domain or shareware versions of Lex and
>Yacc available for the PC?...
>
>Jeff Johnson	University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>Internet:	jkj90357%uxa@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
>UUCP:		{convex, uunet, pur-ee}!uiucuxc!uiucuxa!jkj90357

The C USER'S GROUP (CUG) has several versions of LEX & YACC.  They charge
$8.00 per disk.  Check out CUG entries: CUG172 and CUG175.  You can sub-
scribe to CUG for $20/year.  This gets you a subs to a monthly C magazine
as well as periodic catalog updates.  The initial catalog of all entries
will cost you $10.  Thier address is:

	C USER'S GROUP
	PO Box 97
	McPherson, KS  67460
	(316)-241-1065

--
>|< Kevin I Young					uunet!edsews!pte!kiy
    Precise Technology & Electronics, Inc.
    Custom Automated Test and Measurement Equipment for Industry
    Clever Saying: "Fail to plan and you plan to fail" - Dr. Robert Scheuller

lth@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Lars Thomas Hansen) (02/01/89)

In article <389@pte.UUCP> kiy@pte.UUCP (Kevin Young) writes:
>In article <111700023@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jkj90357@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>Can someone point me to public domain or shareware versions of Lex and
>>Yacc available for the PC?...
>
>The C USER'S GROUP (CUG) has several versions of LEX & YACC.  They charge
>$8.00 per disk.  Check out CUG entries: CUG172 and CUG175.  You can sub-
>[...] Thier address is:
>	C USER'S GROUP
>	PO Box 97
>	McPherson, KS  67460
>	(316)-241-1065

CUG has moved; they now reside in Lawrence, Kansas (no, I don't have the
*real* address handy...) The phone # has changed as well; if you dial
the old one, however, they might still transfer you to the new one  --
at least they did that for me, but that was a month ago.

More to the point is that the CUG volume for YACC was removed from the library
when it was discovered that it contained pirated code. I can't remember
reading about it being replaced yet; the idea was to distribute a PC port
of the Free Software Foundation's "BISON" parser generator when available.

Less to the point  --  I heartily endorse the C User's Group and their
magazine, the C User's Journal, for you C programmers out there in PC or
UNIX land  --  they have some truly enlightening articles on a lot of
topics of interest and relevance.

Hi ho.
--lars