[comp.sys.ibm.pc] JT/FAX board

joseph@blake.acs.washington.edu (Joseph Chan) (02/02/89)

Hello!

I would like your opinion and suggestion on JT/FAX board by Qaudram.
Any body has an experience with the FAX board?

In the advertising, it says:

	JT/FAX has features such as pull-down windows, multiple
        scheduling and Broadcase FAX and run unattended. Input:
        scanner or word processor.  Output: dot matrix or laser
        printer.  Compatible with Group III FAX.

Does this board provide a graphic editor?  Can it run on the
background (batch job)?  What word processor output does it take?
Microsoft word or PC-TEX?  Can it take a regular Ascii file ?
Can the output file ( incoming file ) be stored in a file and
be previewed on the screen before printing it on printer?

You may send reply to:

INTENET: joseph@blake.acs.washinton.edu
         joseph@nsr.bioeng.washington.edu
UUCP:    ... uw-beaver!uw-nsr!joseph
BITNET:  chanj@uwarita.bitnet

Newsgroups: sys.ibm.pc
Subject: JT/FAX Board
Expires:
Sender: Joseph Chan

[...]

cetron@wasatch.UUCP (Edward J Cetron) (02/04/89)

	1. The board is reasonably priced - a major win.

	2. It will do everything that you requested of it - if you can
print your file to an Epson look-alike, you can fax it.

	3. Faxes can be converted to/from PC paintbrush files - (must be
'straight' PC paintbrush ... the version which works under MS windows can't
handle such a big image.

	4. It runs in the background just fine.

	5. The best pricing is direct from Quadram.

	6. It does on occasion get the page breaks messed up (but this could
also be my bizarre p5300)

	7. It has pretty good support for most scanners and printers.

	8. The manuals are quite good, and software/technical support has
been top-notch.

	Go for it!

-ed
(standard disclaimer - I have no relationship with Quadram [hell, I can
barely spell it :-)] )