[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ST 125

davis@clocs.cs.unc.edu (Mark Davis) (02/09/89)

In article <7774@netnews.upenn.edu> silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Andy Silverman) writes:
> ...  There is no such drive as the ST125,
>it is the ST225, and in case you haven't been reading all the flames here,
>it seems to be a bit of a lemon...

Excuse me sir, but there is a Seagate ST125.  It is a 3.5" 40 msec, 2
platter drive introduced about a year ago.  Several (at least 3, then I
quit looking) vendors advertise ST125's in Computer shopper for about
$230.  Many of the cheap hard cards have this drive or some derivitive
of it.  (There is the ST138R, which is the same drive, RLL.  This is
different from the ST138 which has 3 platters, but is otherwise the
same drive...  but that is a different story.)

The ST225 is 5.25", 65msec drive, which as you point out has had some
reliability problems.

Thanks - Mark (davis@cs.unc.edu or uunet!mcnc!davis)