[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MKS dirstack functions

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (02/11/89)

In article <88279@sun.uucp> jborza%burgundy@Sun.COM (Jim_Borza) writes:
>In article <3536@mipos3.intel.com>, tom@ismdqa.intel.com (Tom Soukup ~) writes:
>>
>> Is there any way in MS-DOS to save the current working directory in a
>> variable?
>
>PC Magazine published a pair of utilities called PUSHDIR and POPDIR which
>do exactly that.

	I've got a set of dirstack functions implemented as MKS functions that
I use. (I adapted them from "real ksh" functions written by a local ksh guru
here at Tek some time ago.) It also changes the PS1 string to reflect the
current directory in the prompt string.

	If any other mks'ers out there are interested I can mail or post 'em.
(And if you want them posted, give me an idea of which newsgroup to put them
in. I don't think a legitimately recognized newsgroup has been designated for
IBM/Clone sources, has it?)

kEITH

Keith Ericson  at TekLabs (resident factious factotum)
Tektronix, PO 500, MS 58-383   Beaverton OR 97077    (503)627-6042
UUCP:	uunet!tektronix!tekgvs!keithe
ARPA:	keithe%tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET
CSNet:	keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM