[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for good mid-sized hard disk

kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Ken Keirnan) (02/10/89)

Now that the poor Seagate 225 has been battered around for a few weeks,
I have a question about drives in the 60-100 meg class.  Anyone want to
comment on their experience with drives like the Seagate 4096, Maxtor 1085,
and Micropolis drives in the 70 meg range?  These drives seem to be
available for $525-600, all use voice coil technology.  The age old
question... what are good buys in a mid sized drive?

--

Ken Keirnan - Pacific Bell - {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyf!kjk
  San Ramon, California	                    kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (02/12/89)

In article <4667@pbhyf.PacBell.COM>, kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Ken Keirnan) writes:

> available for $525-600, all use voice coil technology.  The age old
> question... what are good buys in a mid sized drive?

    I have had excellent results with Miniscribe 6085 and Micropolis 1325
  drives in a Unix machine. Both are of the 70MB, 28ms variety and withstood
  several years so far of brutal Unix service 24 hours a day.

						John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john@wa3wbu.uu.net