[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Telix/Kermit up/dnloads in BINARY m

sac90286@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/14/89)

I, too, have had problems with Telix Kermit transfers (up through version 3.11).
I finally solved the problem by switching to Procomm PLUS.

schanck@violet.cis.ohio-state.edu (Christopher Schanck) (02/16/89)

In article <111700037@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> sac90286@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>I, too, have had problems with Telix Kermit transfers (up through version 3.11).
>I finally solved the problem by switching to Procomm PLUS.
I think thought this sounded odd, so I hauled out a copy of Telix 3.11, and
I had no problems with binary transfers whatsoever -- when I set Kermit
file type to "binary". The default seem to be text. Alt-O, G, gets you there.
As for me, when the underlining problem is fixed, I am registering and I'll
start using it on a regular basis...

Chris

-=-
"The future of the human race is in the hands of the telephone company!"
			--- Dr. Harrison Blackwood, "War of the Worlds"
Christopher Schanck --> schanck@.cis.ohio-state.edu