[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Desqview 2.2 info desired

jkennedy@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Joel Kennedy) (02/15/89)

I have been a casual user of Desqview for sometime, but have
never gotten too into it.  Since I just got a 386 thing and
QEMM is on backorder somewhere, I'm thinking I'll start
using it a bunch more.  I just heard that Desqview 2.2 is
available; I have 2.01.  What will 2.2 do that 2.01 won't?
Is it possible to get just an upgrade, or do you have to
buy the whole thing again?  Is it reviewed somewhere, like
PC Mag. that I can peruse?  Any other relevant suggestions?
Much thanks to all.
Joel K

jkennedy@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu <or> jkennedy@vlsi.cs.umn.edu
612-633-4041 @ home        <or> 612-625-8348 @ school

==  I have no disclaimers, I am a college student.  ==

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (02/18/89)

In article <11191@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> jkennedy@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Joel Kennedy) writes:
>What will 2.2 do that 2.01 won't?
     There are a number of upgrades to the package.  The one
thing that helped me was it handles "mis-behaved" programems
much better.  Although I still cannot run CodeView in DESQview.
Any body got any hints?

>Is it possible to get just an upgrade, or do you have to
>buy the whole thing again?
    Updates are availible.

>Is it reviewed somewhere, like PC Mag. that I can peruse?
   The latest InfoWorld.

           Tim

--
 ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar
                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406
  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904
       USNail:  KKSF / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108