[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How to talk to a serial/bus mouse

jth@cuuxb.ATT.COM (6413~) (02/17/89)

Ihave a serial mouse and I was wondering how to talk to and read from it. Logitech
gives a driver with it, but the application still has to know how to talk to it.
I would like to know how to write some C code to interact with it.
Any ideas?
					Joe Heneghan
					att!cuuxb!jth
					312-985-6624

sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Milt Sagen) (02/20/89)

In article <2504@cuuxb.ATT.COM> jth@cuuxb.ATT.COM (6413~) writes:
>Ihave a serial mouse and I was wondering how to talk to and read from it. Logitech
>gives a driver with it, but the application still has to know how to talk to it.
>I would like to know how to write some C code to interact with it.
>Any ideas?
>					Joe Heneghan
>					att!cuuxb!jth
>					312-985-6624

Writing code to interact with the Logitech serial mouse driver is no different
from writing code to interact with the Microsoft bus mouse driver.  If you
know how to do the latter then you know how to do the former.  If you have
any example code that works with the Microsoft mouse then it will work with
the Logitech mouse.  The only difference being which driver you run prior to
running you own code.

Milt Sagen                    Internet: sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331          Tele: (503) 754-4631