[comp.sys.ibm.pc] uucp and news for ms-dos

pmartin@psmsd.UUCP (Paul Martin) (02/18/89)

I left a message earlier about uucp for the pc that will unbatch news.
Thanks to some of the responses that I have received, I have found a
package that works reasonably well and can be used in a variety of
situations.  That package is called UFGATE from Late Night Software.  I
have installed the package and it seems to do everything that I need it
to do so far.  It is designed to work with a Fido BBS (or look-alike)
which means that the messages and news are converted to a standard
MS-DOS text file that can be used by other programs.  The documentation
was for the most part complete except for certain key areas which I
found it lacking considerably (ie. I had to download the source for one
of the programs used in the system to find out how to set it up).
However this is a VERY complicated task and this set of programs does
pull it off nicely. The software is available from UFGATE support bbs's
at (606) 271-0687, (407) 994-6753, and (415) 391-2637.

I have no affilation with LATE NIGHT SOFTWARE.

--

Paul Martin                            | UUCP: uccba!psmsd!pmartin
PSM Software Development               |

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (02/21/89)

In article <3.23FCD051@psmsd.UUCP> pmartin@psmsd.UUCP (Paul Martin) writes:
>The software is available from UFGATE support bbs's
>at (606) 271-0687, (407) 994-6753, and (415) 391-2637.
     Uh, make that last number: (415) 695-0759.  This number
     will have the latest software first.  So, if you have to
     have it in a hurry...

>I have no affilation with LATE NIGHT SOFTWARE.
     Thanks for the plug :-).

                Tim

PS.  Version 1.03 is out folks.  It fixes a couple of bugs with
MAILLIST and MDAEMON.

--
 ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar
                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406
  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904
       USNail:  KKSF / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108