[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Ethernetting MS-DOS and B4.2

craiga@phred.UUCP (Craig Arno) (02/24/89)

In article <575@ftp.COM>, jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) writes:
> In article <478@dcdwest.UUCP>, benson@dcdwest.UUCP (Peter Benson) writes:
> > .....  Is there software
> > available to net the MS-DOS partition with the SUNs and VAXen?
> >
> The only problem is that you don't say which LAN interface you're buying.
> Assuming that it is a common one (e.g. 3Com 3C501, InterLAN NI5210, W-D 8003):
>
> Public-domain:  MIT/CMU/Harvard "PCIP", NCSA Telnet/FTP, Phil Karn's KA9Q.
> Commercial:  Beame & Whiteside's TCP/IP for DOS, FTP Software's PC/TCP,
> IBM's TCP/IP for DOS, NRC's Fusion, Wollongong's WIN/PC, Sun's PC/NFS.
>
> ... (rest deleted) ...

This information very closely matches the configuration that we are
using (WD8003, Sun NFS).  I am very interested in obtaining a copy of
the public domain software to do my own evaluation in our environment.

Any leads or tips would be appreciated, and of course a copy would be
greatly appreciated.

===
Craig Arno  M-Th  (206)867-4789
craiga@phred