[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VUGIF GIF viewer

anderson@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) (02/14/89)

I am trying to locate a gif view for EGA/VGA that properly displays
Gif pictures with a colour map change(/?).

I am told that a program VUGIF will do this, and someone posted it to
the binaries.  IUnfortunately it did not make it there (not on the upcoming
files).

Would someone be kind enough to email this program or anyother working one.

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (02/15/89)

In article <5549@watdcsu.waterloo.edu> anderson@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) writes:
>I am trying to locate a gif view for EGA/VGA that properly displays
>Gif pictures with a colour map change(/?).
>I am told that a program VUGIF will do this, and someone posted it to the
> binaries.  IUnfortunately it did not make it there (not on the upcomingfiles).
>Would someone be kind enough to email this program or anyother working one.

Back in Dec. I had sent VUGIF Version 1.70 and recd. an acknowledgement from
Rahul - looks like his computer ate it.  For those who asked me, I'll be
glad to email it out to you instead of adding to the pile on his desk.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vg55611
Internet: vg55611@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vg55611@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vg55611%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Save 500 million keystrokes a day; silence those silent letters forever.

wolfordj@ihlpa.ATT.COM (452is-Wolford) (02/21/89)

From article <2851@ihuxy.ATT.COM>, by vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal):
> In article <5549@watdcsu.waterloo.edu> anderson@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) writes:
>>I am trying to locate a gif view for EGA/VGA that properly displays
>>Gif pictures with a colour map change(/?).
>>I am told that a program VUGIF will do this, and someone posted it to the
>> binaries.  IUnfortunately it did not make it there (not on the upcomingfiles).
>>Would someone be kind enough to email this program or anyother working one.

I also have a program called VPIC, which is the follow on the VGIF.

VPIC supports EGA/VGA, extended EGA and Extended VGA (ie 640x200 upto
800x560 in 256 color if your controller matches one of 8 or 9 types
it supports)

It is a fairly new version, released in '89.

Does this sound like something people would want me to send to pc binaries
group ?

Jeff Wolford
att!iwsag!jww
att!ihlpa!wolfordj

harvard-+

ucbvax--+---- att --+ iwsag!jww

decvax--+

4203_5147@uwovax.uwo.ca (Claude Morin) (02/22/89)

In article <11781@ihlpa.ATT.COM>, wolfordj@ihlpa.ATT.COM (452is-Wolford) writes:
> I also have a program called VPIC, which is the follow on the VGIF.
	[description deleted]
> Does this sound like something people would want me to send to pc binaries
> group ?

    Yes, yes, yes!

	- Claude Morin
Bitnet: 4203_5147@uwovax
Domain: 4203_5147@uwovax.uwo.ca

pthiesse@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Paul Thiessen) (02/25/89)

In article <11781@ihlpa.ATT.COM> wolfordj@ihlpa.ATT.COM (452is-Wolford) writes:
>I also have a program called VPIC, which is the follow on the VGIF.
>
>Does this sound like something people would want me to send to pc binaries
>group ?
>
>Jeff Wolford
>att!iwsag!jww
>att!ihlpa!wolfordj

YES!! Please post it there. I, for one, would love to have it.

                     -Paul Thiessen, HMC