[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo Pas 4 graphic character size??

jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay C. Bowden) (02/24/89)

I'll bet this is an old prob, but I'm just getting around
to seeing it.  If I run GRDEMO.PAS, the TextPlay routine
prints all of the SCALED text at the same size.  But the
short demo that came in the GREXMPL.ARC file works fine.
I look at the code, and it looks the same to me.

Anyone know what this is?

Also, is there a way to get text on a graphic screen to
automatically erase the whole character block BEFORE writing
the character (so text-over-graphics would erase the graphics
part, instead of conflicting with it?)?

Thanks for any info!

- Jay

Jay Bowden, EE/Consultant; see also Bowden Engineering
Currently contracted at Loral Instrumentation, San Diego
{ucbvax, ittvax!dcdwest, akgua, decvax, ihnp4}!ucsd!loral!jcb

sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Milt Sagen) (02/25/89)

In article <1917@loral.UUCP> jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay C. Bowden) writes:

>Also, is there a way to get text on a graphic screen to
>automatically erase the whole character block BEFORE writing
>the character (so text-over-graphics would erase the graphics
>part, instead of conflicting with it?)?

The method I use is to determine the width and height of the character and
then draw a bar, using the background color, of this width and height followed
by outtexting the character.

Along these same lines, I do wish Borland had included a way of xoring text.

Milt Sagen                    Internet: sagen@nucthy.physics.orst.edu
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331          Tele: (503) 754-4631