[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PKZip Bug: How do I contact PKWare?

willi@enel.ucalgary.ca (Ian Williamson) (02/22/89)

I've found a small bug in the new release of PKZIP, and would like
to know how I go about getting in touch with the PKWare Company.  I thought
I heard somewhere that they have a UseNet address.  Anyone know?
Please Email responses to willi@enel.ucalgary.ca.  Thanx!

Ian

schuster@dasys1.UUCP (Michael Schuster) (02/25/89)

In article <770@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> willi@enele.uucp () writes:
>I've found a small bug in the new release of PKZIP, and would like
>to know how I go about getting in touch with the PKWare Company.  I thought
>I heard somewhere that they have a UseNet address.  Anyone know?
>Please Email responses to willi@enel.ucalgary.ca.  Thanx!
I have an old posting about the v3.5 squash bug
which lists a Usenet address of:
katz@uwm-cs.milw.wisc.edu
Don't know if it's still current, but you could try it.

Now that I have your attention, what is the nature
of the bug you've found?

--
l\  /l'   _  Mike Schuster          ...!dasys1!schuster
l \/ lll/(_  Big Electric Cat       schuster@dasys1.UUCP

johnl@ima.ima.isc.com (John R. Levine) (02/26/89)

In article <8783@dasys1.UUCP> schuster@dasys1.UUCP (Michael Schuster) writes:
>In article <770@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> willi@enele.uucp () writes:
>>I've found a small bug in the new release of PKZIP, and would like
>>to know how I go about getting in touch with the PKWare Company.
>I have an old posting about the v3.5 squash bug
>which lists a Usenet address of:
>katz@uwm-cs.milw.wisc.edu

I have Phil Katz' business card here, which he sent out with the pkzip 0.90
disks to the registered users of pkarc.

Their address is:

PKWARE, Inc.
7545 N. Port Washington Rd.
Suite 204
Glendale WI 53217

Phone 414 352 3670
BBS   414 352 7176
Fax   414 352 3815

By the way, I tried converting all of my .ARC files to .ZIP, and found that
about half of them got smaller, and the other half got bigger.  I even
turned on warp 4 compression, but that didn't help.  Ah, well.  Anybody got
a PC compression program that uses arithmetic coding?
--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 492 3869
{ bbn | spdcc | decvax | harvard | yale }!ima!johnl, Levine@YALE.something