[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Lumena .PIX format

paquette@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Trevor Paquette) (02/22/89)

  We are creating some pictures here at work that need to be
converted into a certain format used by the LUMENA 16 program
by TIME ARTS INC. The format that I am looking for is their
".PIX" format. If anyone out there has any leads on what the
format of these files are, please let me know.

      Trev
Trevor Paquette/GraphicsLand, Calgary, Alberta
UUCP: uunet!{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!paquette       ICBM:51 03 N/114 05 W
                 Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter

Don_A_Corbitt@cup.portal.com (02/24/89)

[Need Lumena .PIX file format]
Lumena's .PIX files are the same as Truevision's .TGA files.  You can get
information from Truevision, or watch for Targa To xxxx conversion programs
to flow by here on usenet.
	Don_A_Corbitt@cup.portal.com

keithd@gryphon.COM (Keith Doyle) (02/27/89)

In article <14983@cup.portal.com> Don_A_Corbitt@cup.portal.com writes:
>[Need Lumena .PIX file format]
>Lumena's .PIX files are the same as Truevision's .TGA files.  You can get
>information from Truevision, or watch for Targa To xxxx conversion programs
>to flow by here on usenet.

WRONG!  Lumena can save in the TGA format, but you must select it
specifically, the .PIX format is a different format.

Keith Doyle
keithd@gryphon.COM    gryphon!keithd     gryphon!keithd@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (02/27/89)

In article <12613@gryphon.COM> keithd@gryphon.COM (Keith Doyle) writes:
>In article <14983@cup.portal.com> Don_A_Corbitt@cup.portal.com writes:
>>Lumena's .PIX files are the same as Truevision's .TGA files.
>
>WRONG!  Lumena can save in the TGA format, but you must select it
>specifically, the .PIX format is a different format.

WRONG! the .PIX format IS THE SAME as .TGA format. Else why would my
Targa output driver program (I wrote it) be able to read .PIX files
without any trouble, ever?

Now it is true that Lumena tends to save files that are 512x480, and
overscanned, but the Targa file format says nothing about how big an
image can be. Or whether it is overscanned or not. In fact, programs that
use the Vista board, or handle scanned-in images, tend to make HUGE 'targa'
files. I recently played with a 10MB 'targa' file (around 2Kx1300 32bit
pixels) for the most recent version of my driver. (Boy, rotating an image
that big isn't much fun on a PC :-(   )

Pete
--
Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises   |(if you're a techie Christian & are
19611 La Mar Ct., Cupertino, CA 95014 |interested in helping w/ the Great