[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MSDOS to GIF?

gord@geac.UUCP (Gord Armstrong) (02/23/89)

A friend of mine is looking for a program that converts MSDOS graphics
to the GIF format. If someone has such a program, may I have a copy
please?

Any help appreciated,

...Gord

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

gord@geac

"got myself good this morning, did my pushups in the nude...
 I didn't see the mouse trap"!

silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Andy Silverman) (02/25/89)

In article <6662@geac.UUCP> gord@geac.UUCP (Gord Armstrong) writes:

>A friend of mine is looking for a program that converts MSDOS graphics
>to the GIF format. If someone has such a program, may I have a copy
>please?
Mind explaining exactly what you mean by the "MSDOS" graphics format?
As far as I know no such format exists.  If you mean taking an image
displayed on screen and writing it to a GIF format file, several such
programs are available on Compu$erve for various PC graphics adapters.
Andy Silverman
Internet: silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
CompuServe: 72261,531

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (03/01/89)

In article <6662@geac.UUCP> gord@geac.UUCP (Gord Armstrong) writes:
<A friend of mine is looking for a program that converts MSDOS graphics
<to the GIF format. If someone has such a program, may I have a copy
<please?

First you have to tell us what you mean by "MS-DOS graphics". MS-DOS
doesn't have any graphics support. So all the various applications that
store graphics in files do it their own way.

There are lots of conversion programs. But you have to know which
program produced the file that you want to convert. As an example, I
know of at least three different programs that produce files with an
extnesion of .PIC. And the file formats are *not* compatible...
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]