[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PCTools Deluxe Version 5 Upgrade

abf@rti.UUCP (Al Finger) (02/28/89)

Someone posted an announcement a day or two ago saying that there was an
upgrade to PCTOOLS 5 Deluxe on Compuserve.  Could some kind soul please
tell me exactly where that file is?  I've spent an hour with c$erve's
wondrous FileFinder, and browsing assorted forum libraries, and I can't
for the life of me find the darn thing!

al finger
abf@rti.rti.org

BL.JPL@forsythe.stanford.edu (Jonathan Lavigne) (03/01/89)

In article <2793@rti.UUCP>,
abf@rti.UUCP (Al Finger) writes:
>Someone posted an announcement a day or two ago saying that there was an
>upgrade to PCTOOLS 5 Deluxe on Compuserve.  Could some kind soul please
>tell me exactly where that file is?  I've spent an hour with c$erve's
>wondrous FileFinder, and browsing assorted forum libraries, and I can't
>for the life of me find the darn thing!

The file is TOOLS5.ARC in the IBMSYS forum. I'm not sure what data
library it's in. I was expecting it to be in "0 New Uploads", but I
don't think it was. As I recall, I got it by picking "Download a
file" from one of the menus and specifying "TOOLS5.ARC" as the file
name. The archive is about 250K. I'll e-mail you the text
description of what it contains. It's not an upgrade exactly, but
it fixes some bugs and changes some things that users had complained
about.

Jonathan Lavigne
Research Libraries Group
Stanford University
BITNET:  BL.JPL@RLG.STANFORD.EDU

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (03/02/89)

In article <2793@rti.UUCP> abf@rti.UUCP (Al Finger) writes:
=Someone posted an announcement a day or two ago saying that there was an
=upgrade to PCTOOLS 5 Deluxe on Compuserve.  Could some kind soul please
=tell me exactly where that file is?  I've spent an hour with c$erve's
=wondrous FileFinder, and browsing assorted forum libraries, and I can't
=for the life of me find the darn thing!
=
=al finger
=abf@rti.rti.org

CPS sent a fix file out to be posted by sysops on CIS, GENIE, and ???,
then thought better of it and asked the sysops to remove the file.  If I
recall, they said that they would send a fix-disk instead to all
registered owners.

Pete
--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334