[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Which program creates XDIRSTAT.TPS hidden file

akk2@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Atul Kacker) (03/03/89)

In article <999@ur-cc.UUCP> akk2@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Atul Kacker) writes:
>Does anyone know which program creates a hidden file XDIRSTAT.TPS
>when it is run?  I see several of these hidden files in various directories
>every few days on at least two of the IBM PC's I use.  I haven't been
>able to track down which program is responsible for creating it.  The file
>seems to have subdirectory names if I look at it with Norton's.

Thanks for all the replies.  It seems TOPS is the culprit.  Now is there a
way to prevent and/or cleanup these hidden files or to have them all go to
one specific directory?  I had to go in and delete 37 of these files from
one PC today and it is a pain.

--
Atul Kacker  |     Internet: akk2@uhura.cc.rochester.edu