[comp.sys.ibm.pc] extended memory management?

phil@diablo.amd.com (03/01/89)

I saw an ad that said there was finally a spec for managing extended
memory. (unfortunately I was just browsing the magazine so I don't
recall whose ad) Does anyone know any more about this spec or where to
find out about it?

--
Phil Ngai, phil@diablo.amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
"System V, consider it sub-standard."

steve@jhereg.Jhereg.MN.ORG (Steve Peterson) (03/03/89)

In article <24661@amdcad.AMD.COM> phil@diablo.amd.com () writes:

>I saw an ad that said there was finally a spec for managing extended
>memory. (unfortunately I was just browsing the magazine so I don't
>recall whose ad) Does anyone know any more about this spec or where to

It's called XMS and you can get the spec from Microsoft at (800) 426-9400.
It's free.
Steve Peterson                                INTERNET: steve@jhereg.mn.org
FOURTH SHIFT Corporation                            Compuserve [72220,2773]