[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Help how to obtain Hdisk paramters?

nur@dgbt.uucp (Nur Serinken) (02/27/89)

I am trying to find Public Domain utilities or information on how
to read hard disk parameters. The parameters that I would like to
read are number of heads, sectors per track of the installed hard
disk. I would also like to read the partition information if there
is one. How is the partition made and written back to the disk.

Any information on utilities and articles are welcome. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Nur Serinken.

--
Nur  Serinken	The Communications Research Centre
(613) 998-2289		3701 Carling Avenue Ottawa, Ontario Canada

wwang@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (60026000) (03/03/89)

In article <1024@dgbt.uucp> nur@dgbt.uucp (Nur Serinken) writes:

>I am trying to find Public Domain utilities or information on how
>to read hard disk parameters. The parameters that I would like to
>read are number of heads, sectors per track of the installed hard
>disk. I would also like to read the partition information if there
>is one. How is the partition made and written back to the disk.
>
>Any information on utilities and articles are welcome. Thanks in
>advance for any help.

Try Norton's utilities.  I know it is not public domain, but IT works
great.  SD60 will also tell you the stuff you want if memory serves me
correctly.

USnail:	                                    Email:
Weylan Wang                                 wwang@ucscb.ucsc.EDU
UCSC College 8 #608                         wwang@ucscf.ucsc.EDU
Santa Cruz, Ca 95064                        w.wang  GEnie
"Are you driving with your eyes open or are you like using the FORCE?"
                                               -Axel Foley