[comp.sys.ibm.pc] dBase ///+ configuration question

davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) (02/23/89)

Hi,
I've been using dBase ///+ a lot lately in the micro lab at school (taking a
DBMS class), and I'm wondering if there is any way that one could change the
colors in dBase.  I get tired of looking at the same black, light gray, white
all the time.

Dave

--
davek@lakesys.lakesys.com -or-
uunet!marque!lakesys!davek

mlawless@ncrwic.Wichita.NCR.COM (Mike Lawless) (02/24/89)

In article <418@lakesys.UUCP> davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:
>Hi,
>I've been using dBase ///+ a lot lately in the micro lab at school (taking a
>DBMS class), and I'm wondering if there is any way that one could change the
>colors in dBase.  I get tired of looking at the same black, light gray, white
>all the time.

I don't have my manual handy (it's at home), but I believe the command you
want is "SET COLOR TO".  It sets the default colors used for background,
text, and "enhanced" text (blanks in forms, for example).  It can also set
attributes such as intensity, blink, underscore, etc.  Used in programs, it
can create screen zones with different colors and attributes than the rest
of the screen; only the areas you affect with @SAY/GET, ?, TEXT, etc, while
the selected attributes are in effect will show those attributes.
--
Mike Lawless, NCR E&M Wichita, Box 20     (316) 636-8666   (NCR: 654-8666)
3718 N. Rock Road, Wichita, KS  67226     Mike.Lawless@Wichita.NCR.COM

Snake@cup.portal.com (Dan g Sobel) (02/26/89)

I use this file as config.db.  I "borrowed" the colors config file from a
friend, I like the colors

PATH=C:\db3
STATUS=ON
DEFAULT=C:
COLOR=+W/B,+GR/R,+BR
COMMAND=ASSIST
PROMPT=*

jeffery@ziggy.UUCP (Jeff Sheese) (03/03/89)

In article <418@lakesys.UUCP> davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:

>I've been using dBase ///+ a lot lately in the micro lab at school (taking a
>DBMS class), and I'm wondering if there is any way that one could change the
>colors in dBase.  I get tired of looking at the same black, light gray, white
>all the time.

In your Dbase program directory create a text file called CONFIG.DB that
contains the following command:

	COLOR = w/b,n/bg

w/b means that the normal text will appear white with a blue background,
and highlighted text will appear black with cyan background.

--
Jeff Sheese				jeffery@ziggy.UUCP
P.O. Box 1092				jeffery@m-net.UUCP

louw@tardis.UUCP (Lou Wise) (03/08/89)

In article <4821@ncrwic.Wichita.NCR.COM>, mlawless@ncrwic.Wichita.NCR.COM (Mike Lawless) writes:
> In article <418@lakesys.UUCP> davek@lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:
> >I'm wondering if there is any way that one could change the
> >colors in dBase.  I get tired of looking at the same black, light gray, white
> >all the time.
> >
> I don't have my manual handy (it's at home), but I believe the command you
> want is "SET COLOR TO".  It sets the default colors used for background,
> text, and "enhanced" text (blanks in forms, for example).  It can also set

How about putting something like:

COLOR=w+/b,gr+/r

in your config.db file.