[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Leading Edge Model D Disk Controller

t-toddc@microsoft.UUCP (Todd Crowe) (03/04/89)

With the bankruptcy of Leading Egde and the accompanying loss of
technical support, I wonder if anyone out there could help me...

I understand that the build in disk controller on the motherboard
of the Model D may be disabled.  I have been told that disabling
the 4th jumper on the J13 jumper block would accomplish this.  Is
this true?  Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Any such information on the Model D (or any other model for that
matter) would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!       ;-)

:-) Any ideas for a good sig? --- ?gis doog a rof saedi ynA )-:

Erik@cup.portal.com (Erik - Dufek) (03/08/89)

In article <799@microsoft.UUCP> t-toddc@microsoft.UUCP (Todd Crowe) writes:

>With the bankruptcy of Leading Egde and the accompanying loss of
>technical support, I wonder if anyone out there could help me...
>
>I understand that the build in disk controller on the motherboard
>of the Model D may be disabled.  I have been told that disabling
>the 4th jumper on the J13 jumper block would accomplish this.  Is
>this true?  Can anyone confirm/deny this?
>
>Any such information on the Model D (or any other model for that
>matter) would be much appreciated.

Sams Photofact has a few computer publications listed in their catalog.
There are 3 sets of service data listed for the Leading Edge.  They take
plastic over the phone.  Give them a call at 1-800-428-SAMS.

               t-toddc@microsoft.UUCP
                       ^^^^^^^^^
Does MS really allow you to use PC's other than true blues?  Isn't that
sort of like a Honda parked outside a Detroit auto plant?  :-)

Erik Dufek     <erik@cup.portal.com>