[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS 4.0 bugs

aadm@ecsvax.UUCP (Atkins D. Michael) (03/09/89)

I keep hearing about bugs in PC-DOS 4.0 but as yet
have not seen any specifics about what they are or
what they affect.  If anyone has any 'factual'
information please post or e-mail.  We are using a
bios intensive program on 3.3 and want to upgrade
to 4.0 but want to make a cautious move.

[DThanks in advance,
A.D.Michael  aadm@ecsvax

rbono@necis.UUCP (Rich Bono) (03/10/89)

In article <6631@ecsvax.UUCP>, aadm@ecsvax.UUCP (Atkins D. Michael) writes:

> I keep hearing about bugs in PC-DOS 4.0 but as yet
> have not seen any specifics about what they are or
> what they affect.  If anyone has any 'factual'
> information please post or e-mail.  We are using a
> bios intensive program on 3.3 and want to upgrade
> to 4.0 but want to make a cautious move.

	They fixed the bugs a while ago... the new release is 4.01
(although the PC version still identifies as 4.00).  Even DOS 3.3 (3.2, 3.1...)
still has *SOME* bugs... as does 4.01.... but the *big* ones that bit some
people early have supposedly been fixed...

I believe the bugs had to do with using the BUFFERS in expanded memory.

--
 * Rich Bono (NM1D)    If I could only 'C' forever!!    rbono@necis.nec.com *