[comp.sys.ibm.pc] CompuAdd 286/12

sjk@mtuxj.att.com (02/27/89)

Greetings,

I'm very interested in purchasing a CompuAdd 286/12 PC,  but I would like to
hear from some people who own one or have used one first. So, if anyone has
any knowledge of these PC's (either first hand or otherwise) I would appreciate
it if you would share it with me. I would also be interested in any experiences
people have in dealing with CompuAdd. I have seen one CompuAdd review in a
magazine and it was pretty good.

Thanks,
SJK

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (03/04/89)

In article <958@mtuxj.att.com> sjk@mtuxj.att.com writes:
>I'm very interested in purchasing a CompuAdd 286/12 PC,  but I would like to
>hear from some people who own one or have used one first. So, if anyone has
>any knowledge of these PC's (either first hand or otherwise) I would appreciate
>it if you would share it with me. I would also be interested in any experiences
>people have in dealing with CompuAdd. I have seen one CompuAdd review in a
>magazine and it was pretty good.
>SJK

I ordered about $250 worth of hardware/software from CompuAdd about 3 months
ago and everything turned out very well.  I got what I ordered, it came
expeditiously and it appeared to be good quality equipment.  I returned
a printer stand because it didn't work very well with my printer and I
had no problem with the return (I got an RMA first from CompuAdd).

My initial reason for ordering from them was that I needed an A-B switch
and a keyboard drawer (to go on top of a desk).  Their prices were about
25-50% of what other companies were charging for the small hardware items.

Their software prices are okay, but you can probably do better with
Telemart or some other companies.

Bruce Carlson

Bruce.Williams@f404.n387.z1.ANGEL.UCM.ORG (Bruce Williams) (03/12/89)

Bruce, I own a year-old CompuAdd 286 6/10 (close enough I hope.)  I
received it via mail while stationed down in Cuba.  It is an excellent
machine at a great price.  I am now located in San Antonio, and deal
with the company directly for all my computer needs.  They are well
versed, very helpful, and have some of the best prices around.  They
even have a local MSDOS BBS, Com-Seven.  I don't think you can make a
bad deal with them.  BRUCE
--
Bruce Williams - via FidoNet node 1:387/605
UUCP: thnkpos!angel.ucm.org!404!Bruce.Williams