[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Reversing WordPerfect 5.0 video

djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (03/11/89)

One of our users has a new NEC grayscale monitor (64 shades of gray or
somesuch) and wants to work in reverse video all the time (black on
white, or light-gray).  Using ANSI.SYS and the appropriate additions
to his PROMPT command, it was easy to do at the DOS level.

Question: How can we convince WordPerfect 5.0 to maintain this reverse
arrangement and treat it as "normal"?  Right now when WP loads, the
screen reverts to white on black.

Thanks for any help from those of you who have played with these GS beasts.

Dick O'Connor
Washington Department of Fisheries
Olympia, Washington  98504
Internet Mail: djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu
DISCLAIMER:  I speak only for myself, not for the Department.  Here, anyway!
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

I78BC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Michael Polymenakos) (03/13/89)

   Just in case you didn't get an answer yet:

   Select Setup.Colors/Fonts/attributes ( Shift-F1,3,2 ) This allows you
 to change the attributes/colors of characters on screen. You will
 probably want to select the same background color for all characters, and
 then select different foreground colors for the different attributes (bold,
 underlined, etc). It will take some work before you get a reasonably good
 result, especially since you intent to change all the backgrounds.
                                                             Michael