[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Microsoft Word 4.0

harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Suwandi Harnyo) (03/06/89)

I have a small problem with MS Word 4.0. After upgrading my
monitor to VGA, the mouse cursor inside the Word dissapears at
graphics mode, but it works when I change it to the text mode.

Any suggestion ?

harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

tim@j.cc.purdue.edu (Timothy Lange) (03/07/89)

Long shot here, if you have a bus mouse, see if the IRQ on the board
for the mouse is set at 2.  If so, change it, the VGA board also uses
IRQ=2.

Tim.
--
Tim Lange.

Purdue U. Computing Center/MATH Bldg./W. Lafayette, IN  47907/317-494-1787
Arpanet=tim@j.cc.purdue.edu/CIS=75410,525/Bitnet=TIM@PURCCVM/Fidonet=1:201/30

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (03/14/89)

In article <8584@netnews.upenn.edu> harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Suwandi Harnyo) writes:
>I have a small problem with MS Word 4.0. After upgrading my
>monitor to VGA, the mouse cursor inside the Word dissapears at
>graphics mode, but it works when I change it to the text mode.
>harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

Try an environment command like    'set vga=true'

We had trouble with Word and some of our ega cards and had to add the
'set ega=true' line to get them to work.  I think this subject is
documented (in a general sense) in the Word  readme.doc file.  We got
our fix by calling Microsoft tech support, which is generally quite
helpful.

Bruce Carlson