[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Who to connect Fido to Unix

dhelaan@mist.cs.orst.edu (Abdullah Al-Dhelaan) (03/14/89)

Does anyone know how to connect fidos with each other and with unix
as uucp. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

-Abdullah

dhelaan@cs.orst.edu

rkaplan@medsoft.uucp (Richard Kaplan) (03/15/89)

 AA>Does anyone know how to connect fidos with each other and with
 AA>unix
 AA>as uucp. I would appreciate any help.

There's a public domain software package known as UFGATE which
sets up a FidoNet <--> USENET gateway.  It's operational on
my FidoNet board, among others.

--
Richard Kaplan - via FidoNet node 1:135/3
Medical Software Exchange BBS (305) 325-8709

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (03/16/89)

dhelaan@mist.cs.orst.edu (Abdullah Al-Dhelaan) wrote:
> Does anyone know how to connect fidos with each other and with unix
> as uucp. I would appreciate any help.

     Mail is on it's way to this person... Unless anyone else
     wants to know too...
		Tim

--
 ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar
                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406
  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904
       USNail:  KKSF / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108

rkaplan@medsoft.uucp (Richard Kaplan) wrote:

>  AA>Does anyone know how to connect fidos with each other and with
>  AA>unix
>  AA>as uucp. I would appreciate any help.
>

> There's a public domain software package known as UFGATE which
> sets up a FidoNet <--> USENET gateway.  It's operational on
> my FidoNet board, among others.

     Uh, it is not public domain.  It is commercial.  The prices
     are pretty reasonable:

	 Free - unsupported, noncommercial
	 $35  - supported, noncommercial
	 $195 - supported, commercial