[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Multiport Serial IO cards needed

val@eastman.UUCP (Val Christian) (03/18/89)

I am trying to locate several vendors of multiport serial
IO cards.  Does anyone have a list?  I believe this was covered
on the net in the past; has someone saved the information?

The machine is an AT.

Thanks in advance.

--

                             Val Christian
...rutgers!rochester!kodak!zappa!val

nvk@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) (03/19/89)

In article <937@eastman.UUCP> val@eastman.UUCP (Val Christian) writes:
>I am trying to locate several vendors of multiport serial
>IO cards.  Does anyone have a list?
A partial list:
Bell Tech (caveat: see criticisms from several months ago...
	but these were criticisms of the company, not the product)
Digiboard (I use two of these... but there may be a bug causing
	kernel crashes when modem control (DCD detection) is used
Stargate
Arnet (they have an impressive newsletter, but I don't know the product)

I'd probably check on Arnet if I were starting over again.  Bell is
real snotty about supporting uport now that they have their "own"
release of unix V.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk!norman
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840