[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Seeking Russian Word Processor

smbancroft@ucdavis.edu (Steven Bancroft) (03/19/89)

I am seeking a word processor for use by a student of the Russian language.
Of course, the program would have to redefine the keyboard for Russian
characters.  I think there is one available called BIX, but I am not sure.
Any information as to where I might be able to get this program or any
related programs would be appreciated.  (E-mail or Net reply is fine...)

			Steven Bancroft
			University of California, Davis

Internet   smbancroft@ucdavis.edu
BITNET     smbancroft@ucdavis
UUCP       ..!ucdavis!smbancroft

riehm@maccs.McMaster.CA (Carl Riehm) (03/21/89)

processor  T3.  It has a cryllic font , and you can make up keyboards
to your heart's content.  But it's pricey!  And if you enjoy writing in
Greek or fraktur, you can do that too!

peter@apexepa.UUCP (Peter Palij) (03/21/89)

In article <3827@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> smbancroft@ucdavis.edu writes:

>I am seeking a word processor for use by a student of the Russian language.
>Of course, the program would have to redefine the keyboard for Russian
>characters.  I think there is one available called BIX, but I am not sure.
>Any information as to where I might be able to get this program or any
>			Steven Bancroft

Two other such word processors:

Nota Bene, By Dragonfly Software, 285 W. Broadway, New York, NY, 10013,
      (212) 334-0445, List Price $495, available to graduate students for
      $275.

Duang Jan, By Megachomp Company, 3524 Cottman Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19149,
      (215) 331-2748, List Price $114.

This information may be slightly dated.
--
Peter Palij                                               uunet!apexepa!peter