[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MicroEMACS 3.9e bindings

spectre@cisunx.UUCP (Robert Sillett) (03/17/89)

I was able to compile uEMACS 3.9e for both my PC and Unix system.
I was wondering if anyone had an emacs.rc file that would bind
the arrow keys of a VT100 to act like real arrow keys.  I've tried
uEMACS Meta-K function, but it doesn't quite make it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert Sillett -- Univ. of Pittsburgh
Internet: spectre@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu  [130.49.254.10]

low@melair.UUCP (Rick Low) (03/21/89)

In article <16822@cisunx.UUCP>, spectre@cisunx.UUCP (Robert Sillett) writes:
> I was wondering if anyone had an emacs.rc file that would bind
> the arrow keys of a VT100 to act like real arrow keys.

I wrote an emacs.rc for my VT220 (LK201 keyboard, I think).
It handles arrow keys, and does
sensible things with the Help, Do, Find, Select, Insert Here, Remove,
Prev Screen, and Next Screen keys.  It also replaces ^S and ^Q since
these are XOFF and XON for my terminal server.  Mail me if you're
interested.  If there's enough interest I'll post it.

Rick Low
MEL Defence Systems Limited, Ottawa, Canada
+1 613 836 6860
UUCP:  uunet!mitel!melair!low