[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Adding a Volume label on a 3 1/2" disk

gauss@homxc.ATT.COM (E.GAUSS) (03/23/89)

When I got my laptop, I installed a Toshiba 3 1/2" drive in my AT&T PC 6300.
The software patch that I bought to enable the drive to run within MS-DOS 2.11
does not let me add a Volume Label.  Norton utilites seem to barf at the
3 1/2 drive when I ask them to put on a label.

What do I try next?

Ed Gauss

roger@homxc.ATT.COM (Another Technical Editor) (03/23/89)

In article <6051@homxc.ATT.COM>, gauss@homxc.ATT.COM (E.GAUSS) writes:
> When I got my laptop, I installed a Toshiba 3 1/2" drive in my AT&T PC 6300.
> The software patch that I bought to enable the drive to run within MS-DOS 2.11
> does not let me add a Volume Label.  Norton utilites seem to barf at the
> 3 1/2 drive when I ask them to put on a label.
>
> What do I try next?
>
> Ed Gauss

Try upgrading to MS-DOS 3.2 or 3.3.

Roger Tait                             ..att!homxc!roger
AT&T Bell Labs Technical Publications        Holmdel, NJ
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Technical Writers."