[comp.sys.ibm.pc] TSR memory release

camargo@cs.columbia.edu (Francisco Camargo) (03/18/89)

Thanks to all who replid to my message.

Here is a summary of the story: There is a package called TSRCOM26.ARC that
comes with two programs in it: MARK.COM and RELEASE.COM (besides others) and
they do the work of marking a point in memory above which everything can be
release later on.

The only problem is that I could not find neither TSRCOM26.ARC, nor
TSRSRC26.ARC or TSREXE26.ARC in comp.binaries.ibm.pc or comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d

I found them in SIMTEL20.ARPA but when I downloaded and "unarched" them, using
PKXARCC, I received messages saying "MARK.COM fails CRC test", "RELEASE fails
CRC test", and so on. Well, I then moved to the PDBB of PC MAGAZINE where I
found TSRCOM25.ARC which worked fine. So my problems are solved.

I'm posting this message so that someone could verify what is wrong with the
files in SIMTEL20, or maybe upload them again.
Thanks to all of you.

/Kiko

silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Andy Silverman) (03/18/89)

In article camargo@cs.columbia.edu (Francisco Camargo) writes:
>The only problem is that I could not find neither TSRCOM26.ARC, nor
>TSRSRC26.ARC or TSREXE26.ARC in comp.binaries.ibm.pc or comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
>
>I found them in SIMTEL20.ARPA but when I downloaded and "unarched" them, using
>PKXARCC, I received messages saying "MARK.COM fails CRC test", "RELEASE fails
>CRC test", and so on.
>
>I'm posting this message so that someone could verify what is wrong with the
>files in SIMTEL20, or maybe upload them again.
I'd simply like to say, that I did download the TSR version 2.6 programs from
Simtel20 also, with no problems at all.  Maybe the problem was in the file
transfer from Simtel to your Unix machine, or perhaps from your Unix system to
your PC.

+----------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Andy Silverman | Internet:   silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu |
|     "Why?"     | Compu$erve: 72261,531                   |
+----------------+-----------------------------------------+

rong@cwsys2..CWRU.Edu (Rong Chen) (03/18/89)

In article <143@cs.columbia.edu> camargo@cs.columbia.edu (Francisco Camargo) writes:
>I found them in SIMTEL20.ARPA but when I downloaded and "unarched" them, using
>PKXARCC, I received messages saying "MARK.COM fails CRC test", "RELEASE fails
>CRC test", and so on. Well, I then moved to the PDBB of PC MAGAZINE where I
>found TSRCOM25.ARC which worked fine. So my problems are solved.
>
>I'm posting this message so that someone could verify what is wrong with the
>files in SIMTEL20, or maybe upload them again.

Did you specify file type "tenex" when downloading from Simtel20(36-bit) to
your Unix machine(32-bit)?

Rong Chen
rong@cwsys2.cwru.edu

zi284@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Zafar) (03/26/89)

This may be totally out of place, but does anyone know where I can get a
ShareWare program called "BackTalk" which is an Email background program
for the IBM?  I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could mail me a reply.

Thanks for th e time!

-Doug

|Douglas Nelson | University of Michigan Computing Center | Ann Arbor, Mich |