[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need C cross compiler AT -> 6809

bobw@wdl1.UUCP (Robert Lee Wilson Jr) (03/14/89)

Need AT to MC6809 cross compiler!

For a friend I need a C cross compiler which runs on a PC/AT and produces
code for a Motorola 6809. We have tried Microsoft, Manx and Microtec. It
is not hard to find a system targeted to the 68K but we need 6809. Any
ideas?
Any personal experiences/evaluations would certainly be welcome.
E-mail to bobw@wdl1.fac.ford.com. If there seems to be a lot of interest I
will be glad to summarize back to the net.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson
Ford Aerospace, San Jose

eak@mtgzy.att.com (e.a.knowles) (03/22/89)

In article <4160022@wdl1.UUCP>, bobw@wdl1.UUCP (Robert Lee Wilson Jr) writes:
> Need AT to MC6809 cross compiler!
>
> For a friend I need a C cross compiler which runs on a PC/AT and produces
> code for a Motorola 6809. We have tried Microsoft, Manx and Microtec. It
> is not hard to find a system targeted to the 68K but we need 6809. Any
> ideas?
You might try contacting Tandy Corporation for sources. Their Radio
Shack Color Computer was quite popular some years back. It used a
Motorola 6809. Since Tandy also manufactures AT clones, maybe they know
of a source for a cross-compiler.
			-Ed Knowles

shapiro@rb-dc1.UUCP (Mike Shapiro) (03/24/89)

In article <4160022@wdl1.UUCP>, bobw@wdl1.UUCP (Robert Lee Wilson Jr) writes:
> Need AT to MC6809 cross compiler!
>
> For a friend I need a C cross compiler which runs on a PC/AT and produces
> code for a Motorola 6809. We have tried Microsoft, Manx and Microtec. It
> is not hard to find a system targeted to the 68K but we need 6809. Any
> ideas?

As I recall, one supplier of 6800 series compilers and tools is:

   Wintek
   1801 South Street
   Lafayette, IN 47904
   (317) 742-8482 or
   (800) 742-6809
             ^^^^

I'm not sure if they'll have precisely what you want, but it may be
worth a try.

--

Michael Shapiro, Gould/General Systems Division (soon to be Encore)
15378 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128

Michael_Dennis_Evenson@cup.portal.com (03/30/89)

I beleive INTROL has cross compilers for all Motorola 68xx series. I
know they have a native 6809 compiler for the 6809 running FLEX, and
MANX told me that they also have a MSDOS based cross compiler. Be
ready to spend the BIG bucks. Their native compiler is around $600.00.

I don't recall the address of phone number but you should be able to
locate them through COMPUTER SOURCES.