[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Using Hercules graphics with MS-C 5.1

econman1@garnet.berkeley.edu (Elbert Chen) (03/29/89)

Does anyone have experience using the Microsoft C graphics library with the
Hercules Graphics Adaptor.  The functions work -- after loading msherc.com --
but there is no documentation in the 5.1 manual.  Is it possible to compile
code which does not need this msherc.com ? Any suggestion is appreciated.

c164-2bf@portia.uucp (Erik Talvola) (03/30/89)

In article <22232@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> econman1@garnet.berkeley.edu (Elbert Chen) writes:
>Does anyone have experience using the Microsoft C graphics library with the
>Hercules Graphics Adaptor.  The functions work -- after loading msherc.com --
>but there is no documentation in the 5.1 manual.  Is it possible to compile
>code which does not need this msherc.com ? Any suggestion is appreciated.

There was a graphics library called HGRAPH.LIB which was posted to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc recently.  It is a complete replacement graphics
library to allow programming the Hercules Graphics Card without using
the MSHERC program.  I have played around with it and have found it very
easy to use.  A small program that was written in Turbo-C was easily
converted over to Microsoft C using the HGRAPH library and I was impressed.
The size of the executable file was about 14K compared with 42K for Turbo-C
(This is Turbo-C v1.5), and the execution speed was basically identical.
You may want to try to get a copy of this package.

--
Erik Talvola               | "It's just what we need... a colossal negative
talvola@cory.berkeley.edu  | space wedgie of great power coming right at us