[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PostScript Add-ons for HP LaserJet+?

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (03/29/89)

Do anyone know if postscript add-on are made for the HP LaserJet+? If yes,
who makes them and how much do they cost. On a related note, does anyone
know what HP charges for memory upgrades for the HP LaserJet+? Do memory
upgrades have to come from HP or can memory be purchased from anyone?
Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

george@rebel.UUCP (George M. Sipe) (03/30/89)

In article <1704@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>Do anyone know if postscript add-on are made for the HP LaserJet+? If yes,
>who makes them and how much do they cost.

See the current issue of PC Magazine for a review of 4 or 5 of these
buggers.  They like a new one based on a custom (WD?) RISC processor.
I noted that this particular board does not need any downloading or
special driver.  It simply appears as an additional LPT: without
interfering with normal LJ use.  This is critical if you ever want
to use it in a Unix based server.

>On a related note, does anyone
>know what HP charges for memory upgrades for the HP LaserJet+?

Not off hand, but you should check out Pacific Data Products for their
boards before buying HP.  When choosing between something like 1M or
1M+ boards, choose the 1M+ board because it is upgradeable.

> Do memory
>upgrades have to come from HP or can memory be purchased from anyone?A

Anyone who makes them specifically for the LJ.

--
George M. Sipe,		       Phone: (404) 447-4731
537 Lakeshore Drive, Berkeley Lake, GA  30136-3035

Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) (03/31/89)

re: what hp charges for memory upgrades

Beats me, but there are thrid party companies that make them and I believe
they're pretty cheap.  Check Computer Shopper for the prices.