[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Format of dBASE III+ .ndx & dBASE IV index file files

sarathy@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Rajiv Sarathy) (03/10/89)

I would appreciate getting a copy of the formats of the index files, or at
least a pointer to where I can get them.

Neither the III+ nor the IV manuals have them.  They only have formats of the
.dbf and the .dbt files.

Thanks in advance for any information.

| Disclaimer:  I'm just an undergrad.                                         |
| All views and opinions are therefore my own.                                |
| Rajiv Partha Sarathy                   sarathy@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca         |
|                             {uunet!attcan mnetor att pyramid}!utgpu!sarathy |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (04/02/89)

In article <1989Mar9.192651.1579@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, sarathy@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Rajiv Sarathy) writes:
> I would appreciate getting a copy of the formats of the index files, or at
> least a pointer to where I can get them.
>
> Neither the III+ nor the IV manuals have them.  They only have formats of the
> .dbf and the .dbt files.
>
> | Rajiv Partha Sarathy                   sarathy@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca         |
I am also interested in the db3 index file formats as well as the file
formats for the report format files.
I checked out one book, something about File formats for pc software, and it
had a little info on the .dbf files, but that was all. I also need the file
format for the report format files. they contain binary values that cause
SCO's version of foxbase plus to dump on itself on machines that are byte
swapped. of course, SCO, has no idea what i am talking about.

--
Mark Seiffert,	 Metairie, LA.	uunet!rdgame!mgse!marks