[comp.sys.ibm.pc] GIF compatible drawing program

jm@psgdc (Jamie Moore) (04/06/89)

Can anyone tell me a drawing package that is compatible with the GIF
format on an AT?  Currently I'm using PCBrush, but the files won't
convert with my converting program (CVTGIF.COM).  Am I using the wrong
converter, the wrong drawing program, or the wrong computer :-)?

          \   Raistlin Majere
O=========|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  uunet!psgdc!jm
          /   Vienna, Virginia

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (04/07/89)

In article <183@psgdc> jm@psgdc (Jamie Moore) writes:
>Can anyone tell me a drawing package that is compatible with the GIF
>format on an AT?  Currently I'm using PCBrush, but the files won't
>convert with my converting program (CVTGIF.COM).  Am I using the wrong
>converter, the wrong drawing program, or the wrong computer :-)?

I think the problem is that CVTGIF is limited by the 640K memory
limitation.  It uses one byte per pixel, and the entire image
has to be in memory.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vg55611
Internet: vg55611@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vg55611@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vg55611%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Save 500 million keystrokes a day; silence those silent letters forever.