[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need WP

psrc@pegasus.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (04/07/89)

<"Would you like me to summon Data so he could offer a few dozen synonyms?">

In article <2271@maccs.McMaster.CA>, cs3b3aj@maccs.McMaster.CA (Stephen M. Dunn) writes:
>    I'm currently using PC-Write 2.71 and am quite happy with it.  However,
> before upgrading to 3.xx, I have a couple of questions about version 3:

> - Does it support more than the 20 or 21 fonts in one printer definition
>   file that 2.71 allows?  If not, does it allow you to switch between two
>   or more printer files within one document?

I don't think so; fonts are handled pretty much the same way as they
are in 2.71.

> - My printer definition is highly customized; if I switch to 3.xx, will I
>   be able to either directly use it or convert it easily, or will I be
>   forced to junk it?

Let me quote from "PC-Write Upgrade Notes, Version 2.71 to Version
3.0":

"Width Table Changes

"If your widths are in order by character code, you can use a shortcut.
After the first character width on a line, you don't need the comma,
character code, and equal sign.  For instance:
	@A:32-17,33=20,34=22,35=18
becomes
	@A:32=17=20=22=18

"Ranges are no longer allowed in width tables.  For instance, the
following width table entries are now invalid:
	'2'-'5'= 6, 48 - 56 =8

"Multiple width sequence n,n,n=N format has also been dropped."

A lot of the % and & commands have changed, but not the @ commands.

>Stephen M. Dunn, cs3b3aj@maccs.McMaster.CA

Paul S. R. Chisholm, AT&T Bell Laboratories
att!pegasus!psrc, psrc@pegasus.att.com, AT&T Mail !psrchisholm
I'm not speaking for the company, I'm just speaking my mind.