[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Case sensitivity from MASM?

jmv@sppy00.UUCP (Jim Vickroy) (04/06/89)

We're putting together a system using a mix of Assembler and C. We're also
using the Microsoft linker with the /NOI option. Now for my question: can
you get lowercase and/or mixed case references out of MASM?

Thanks in advance?

jim
:::: ::: ::  ::   :    :   Jim Vickroy
:::: ::: ::  ::   :    :   Dublin, Ohio
UUCP:    {att|pyramid|killer}!osu-cis!sppy00!jmv
domain:	 jmv@sppy00.uucp
USSNAIL: 6565 Frantz Rd., Dublin, Ohio 43017-0702
"Hey, wow man ... pooby shooby"                                            -cm

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (04/06/89)

In article <262@sppy00.UUCP> jmv@sppy00.UUCP (Jim Vickroy) writes:
>option. Now for my question: can
>you get lowercase and/or mixed case references out of MASM?

/ML

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA
   Note:  I have no idea what my employer's views on the subject are.

chasm@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Charles Marslett) (04/07/89)

In article <262@sppy00.UUCP>, jmv@sppy00.UUCP (Jim Vickroy) writes:
> We're putting together a system using a mix of Assembler and C. We're also
> using the Microsoft linker with the /NOI option. Now for my question: can
> you get lowercase and/or mixed case references out of MASM?

If you are using a sufficiently recent version of MASM (I have 5.1, but I
think 5.0 also had the feature), the internal and external symbols in the
assembly program can be made case sensitive by adding a "-ml" to the command
line, or just the external symbols can be made case sensitive by adding a
"-mx" to the command line.

> Thanks in advance?

You're welcome,

> jim