[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Unix Shellz

acarter@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Alfonso Carter) (04/11/89)

Does anyone know where I can find some GOOD Unix like shells for
an IBM pc clone running MSDOS?  I've been looking for them for a
while and haven't found really any shells.

gph@hpsemc.HP.COM (Paul Houtz) (04/11/89)

acarter@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Alfonso Carter) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can find some GOOD Unix like shells for
>an IBM pc clone running MSDOS?  I've been looking for them for a
>while and haven't found really any shells.

    Buy MKS Toolkit from Mortice Kern Systems.
    It has a very good Korn shell, and all the
    major unix utilities.   Having used Korn
    shell, I don't know why you would want any
    other shell.

    Let me get you the address........

    Mortice Kern Systems, Inc.
    35 King Street North,
    Waterloo, Ontario,
    Canada N2J 2W9
    (519) 884-2251
     UUCP: . . . !uunet!watmath!mks!inquiry

     It works on PC's and it's here now.  This is the best argument
     I have seen yet AGAINST the GNU philosophy.   At $135, this
     software is WORTH PAYING FOR.