[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Please help me find GRASP demo/animation software

pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) (04/13/89)

Most of the animated PC demo setups I've seen lately have been designed using
a program called 'GRASP'. I need to make an animated demo as well, but I
can't find GRASP anywhere! Stores know what it is (since they have lots
of demos using it), but they don't sell it.

GRASP looks a lot better than Show Partner, so I'd really love to get a copy.

Can anybody give a hint on where to find this program, or the company that
wrote it?

Thanks!

--
Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises   |(if you're a techie Christian & are
19611 La Mar Ct., Cupertino, CA 95014 |interested in helping w/ the Great

swh@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (04/14/89)

Re: GRASP animation

Off the top of my head:  Try Paul Mace of Mace Utilities fame.
Magazine ads will have an address.

byronl@copper.MDP.TEK.COM (Byron Lunz) (04/15/89)

In article <584@octopus.UUCP> pete@octopus.UUCP (Pete Holzmann) writes:
>Most of the animated PC demo setups I've seen lately have been designed using
>a program called 'GRASP'. I need to make an animated demo as well, but I
>can't find GRASP anywhere! Stores know what it is (since they have lots
>of demos using it), but they don't sell it.
>
>GRASP looks a lot better than Show Partner, so I'd really love to get a copy.
>
>Can anybody give a hint on where to find this program, or the company that
>wrote it?

Grasp is available from Paul Mace Software, 400 Williamson Way, Ashland, OR,
97520.  Phone is (503) 488-0224.

whenry@lindy.Stanford.EDU (homo obsolescensis) (04/16/89)

Unless I am mistaken, GRASP is shareware and is put
out by something called Microtex Industries (the
name in the read.me file I just found is Doug
Wolfram).  The version I picked up from a bbs is
quite old by now and you can probably get a more
recent version on a bbs somewhere, but if you get
hopelessly mired, mail me and Ill send it to you (I
dont think I have the doc file though (it may be in
a separate .arc))
walter henry