[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NFS/RPC driver/library for Western Digitals ethernetcard?

tobbe@isy.liu.se (Torbjorn Kronander) (04/11/89)

Does anyone no if NFS and RPC is available for the
Ethernetcard from western digital?

Torbjorn Kronander    		Tobbe@isy.liu.se
Dept. of EE
Linkoping University
s-58183 Linkoping
Sweden				ph: +46 13 28 22 07

Torbjorn Kronander    		Tobbe@isy.liu.se

geoff@hinode.east.sun.com (Geoff Arnold @ Sun ECD - R.H. coast near the top) (04/13/89)

In article <1989Apr10.223023.673@isy.liu.se> tobbe@isy.liu.se () writes:

>Does anyone no if NFS and RPC is available for the
>Ethernetcard from western digital?

PC-NFS from Sun supports NFS on the Western Digital 8003E. You can
write RPC applications using the PC-NFS Programmer's Toolkit.

Interdrive from FTP Software (available mid-April) also supports
NFS on this board. No word as to whether the RPC libraries will be
made available as part of the PC/TCP package. (James?)

I don't believe that BW-NFS (from Beame & Whitside) supports the
WD card, but Carl may be able to put me right on this.

Geoff
Geoff Arnold,                              Internet: garnold@sun.com
Manager, PC-NFS Engineering                UUCP: ....!sun!garnold
PCDS Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
*** I SPEAK ONLY FOR MYSELF *** (MY CHILDREN INSISTED THAT I SAY THAT) ***

jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (04/15/89)

In article <519@eagle_snax.UUCP>, geoff@hinode.east.sun.com (Geoff Arnold @ Sun ECD - R.H. coast near the top) writes:
> In article <1989Apr10.223023.673@isy.liu.se> tobbe@isy.liu.se () writes:
> >Does anyone no if NFS and RPC is available for the
> >Ethernetcard from western digital?
> Interdrive from FTP Software (available mid-April) also supports
> NFS on this board. No word as to whether the RPC libraries will be
> made available as part of the PC/TCP package. (James?)

We are working on a port of the Sun source-form RPC library.  Because of
the way DOS is, there will be some Unix programs you can't port without
some modification.  It will be part of the next major release of our
Developer's Kit, which should be sometime this Summer.

--
James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901

fred@maccs.McMaster.CA (Fred Whiteside) (04/18/89)

In article <519@eagle_snax.UUCP> geoff@hinode.UUCP (Geoff Arnold @ Sun ECD - R.H. coast near the top) writes:
<In article <1989Apr10.223023.673@isy.liu.se> tobbe@isy.liu.se () writes:
<>
<>----------------------------------------------------------------------
<>
<>Does anyone no if NFS and RPC is available for the
<>Ethernetcard from western digital?
<
<[text elided]
<I don't believe that BW-NFS (from Beame & Whitside) supports the
<WD card, but Carl may be able to put me right on this.
<
<Geoff
<Geoff Arnold,                              Internet: garnold@sun.com
<Manager, PC-NFS Engineering                UUCP: ....!sun!garnold
<PCDS Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
<*** I SPEAK ONLY FOR MYSELF *** (MY CHILDREN INSISTED THAT I SAY THAT) ***

  Carl's a little busy right now, so I'll take this one ...

   BW-NFS does, in fact, support the Western Digital card. It is the one
 we like due to the on-board queue. Carl used a WD card at the connectathon
 for testing both our client and server code. The other cards that we
 support are the 3Com 3C501 and 3C523.

 -Fred WhitEside (Hrumpf, Geoffff) (The other guy in the company)
  Whitesid@SSCvax.McMaster.CA   uunet!utai!utgpu!maccs!fred