[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Files with *.PAK extension

harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Suwandi Harnyo) (04/17/89)

ANyone knows what kind of archive this is ?
I try the PKUNPAK but it just does not recognize the format.

ANy help much appreciated !!

ANdy
harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

acm9@peach.ucsb.edu (ACM Programming Consultant #9) (04/18/89)

In article <9996@netnews.upenn.edu> harnyo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Suwandi Harnyo) writes:
>ANyone knows what kind of archive this is ?
>I try the PKUNPAK but it just does not recognize the format.

I've only been able to use the program PKUNPAK on files with
the .ARC extension.  To unpack something with the .PAK extension,
use the program PAK.
For example: PAK X MYFILE.PAK

Mike O'Brien
acm9@cornu.ucsb.edu

thaler@shorty.CS.WISC.EDU (Maurice Thaler) (04/18/89)

In anticipation of the inevitable, WHERE CAN I GET PAK16, it is
available on Audio Projects BBS at the number listed below. PAK is
the latest incarnation of GSARC (he wisely moved away from using the
ARC word in his programs name). It might also be available on SIMTEL20.

Maurice Thaler   SYSOP  Audio Projects BBS (608) 836-9473
                 SYSOP  Power Board    BBS (608) 222-8842