[comp.sys.ibm.pc] printer re-direction

sft@ihlpy.COM.ATT (Scott Thompson) (04/21/89)

I am looking for a utility that will take what is sent to the parallel
port, intended for the printer, and re-direct it to a file.  This is
to get around a brain-dead software package that will not let me save
to a file.  I use something like this on my "other", read not PC or
clone, computer and I really need it now for a PC/XT clone.  Any help
or leads to such a beast would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Oh, by the way did I mention I would PREFER if it was PD, but I am
desperate.
  Scott Thompson (IH 6W-207), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

       VOICE: (312)-979-2237     UUCP: ...!att!ihlpa!sft

harvey@dtrc.arpa (Harvey) (04/22/89)

Scott:

	There is a program called PRT2FILE.ARC (I think I got the name right).
I use the program all the time and it works great.  I think it is available
on SIMTEL20.

				Betty Harvey
				David Taylor Research Center
				<harvey@dtrc>
				(v)301-227-4901

markd@jack.UUCP (Mark Divecchio) (04/24/89)

In article <SFT.89Apr20233107@ihlpy.COM.ATT>, sft@ihlpy.COM.ATT (Scott Thompson) writes:
> I am looking for a utility that will take what is sent to the parallel
> port, intended for the printer, and re-direct it to a file.  This is

LPTx, Line Printer Capture Program which redirects LPT1, LPT2
or LPT3 to a disk file is available from me.
Version 7.00 is the current version and works well under all
versions of DOS.
You can get a copy from my RBBS at 619-549-3927.
You can also leave or send
messages to me there. (24hrs/day 7 days/week).
You can also get a copy of this User Supported Software, by
sending a DSDD 360K formatted (no DOS OS on the disk, please),
along with a prepaid Self-Addressed diskette mailer to
Mark C. DiVecchio, 10435 Mountain Glen Terrace, San Diego CA 92131.
My phone number is 619-549-4056 (M-W-F 0900-1100 PST).