[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Anyone recommend the DTK-1000 AT Clone ??

heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) (04/26/89)

The local PC shop has been running a sale on an AT clone called
the DTK-1000.  DTK is a PC manufacturer that advertises in Byte,
but I haven't seen any reviews on their product.  Anybody out there
got one who could say whether they like it or not ?

	Thanks,
	Robert Heath

rogers@orion.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Brynn Rogers) (04/27/89)

In article <4421@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) writes:
>The local PC shop has been running a sale on an AT clone called
>the DTK-1000.  DTK is a PC manufacturer that advertises in Byte,
>but I haven't seen any reviews on their product.  Anybody out there
>got one who could say whether they like it or not ?
>
>	Thanks,
>	Robert Heath

I have a DTK clone that uses their 1000 motherboard. (AT 10 Mhz)

I Love it !  It is much cheaper than anyone elses and higher quality than most.

The motherboard is 4 layer real Hi quality. there is like a 1000a and 1000b
or something (different revisions, the latest is the greatest)

I am running 150ns-120ns (marginally rated 120ns, strong 150ns) 256k drams
with 0 wait states and no problems.

Look out for older versions of the DTK BIOS. Be safe and Make sure they
install a Phoenix or (whatever).  I have a Phoenix and it works great.
Older versions of the DTK BIOS were especially buggy, so I stayed away
from even their new version (which a knowledgable tech said was OK.)

Many Many clones are  actually useing the DTK motherboard these days.

DTK also has a 12 Mhz motherboard with a serial, parrellel and EGA on board.
it is not much more money than the 10Mhz 1000.   (not sure about EGA really
there, though)

 Brynn Rogers    Honeywell S&RC        rogers@src.honeywell.com
                                       nic.MR.net!srcsip!rogers

mcmiller@uokmax.UUCP (Michael C Miller) (04/28/89)

In article <21006@srcsip.UUCP> rogers@orion.UUCP (Brynn Rogers) writes:
>Look out for older versions of the DTK BIOS. Be safe and Make sure they
>install a Phoenix or (whatever).  I have a Phoenix and it works great.
>Older versions of the DTK BIOS were especially buggy, so I stayed away
>from even their new version (which a knowledgable tech said was OK.)

Which versions.. I have several problems with some DTK equipment and
all indications point to the motherboard being faulty.

If the BIOS is shot then I really could use info on what release numbers
are sour. Any info, and I mean ANY , would be greatly appreciated..

Please respond soon as I will have to start yanking the motherboards for
replacement if I cant reach someother conclusion.

					sans

--
<  sans =>   mcmiller@uokmax.UUCP   or  mcmiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  >
< '..this one goes up to eleven. Its ONE louder.'                       >