[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Logitech Mice

rry@homxb.ATT.COM (R.YADAVALLI) (04/07/89)

Hello,

Some time ago, a netter posted a "FOR SALE' article in this newsgroup.  It
was posted on behalf of another person named Robert Filipian and offered
brand new Logitech mice (3 button variety) and associated software at a good
price.

I am one of the people who responded to the artice and sent money to
Mr. Filipian almost a month ago.  I have not yet received the merchandise.
Unfortunately, I have misplaced Mr. Filipian's home phone number included in
the posting.  I have been unable to contact him at his work number.

Would the person who posted the article kindly e-maily me Mr. Filipian's home
phone number and address if available?  I would also be interested in finding
out if any others who responded to the article (I know there was at least one
from the New York area) had better luck.  Thanks in advance.

Raghu Yadavalli
AT&T Bell Laboratories,
Holmdel,  New Jersey

tony@julia.math.ucla.edu (Tony Lei) (04/12/89)

In article <3294@homxb.ATT.COM> rry@homxb.ATT.COM (R.YADAVALLI) writes:
>Hello,
>
>Some time ago, a netter posted a "FOR SALE' article in this newsgroup.  It
>was posted on behalf of another person named Robert Filipian and offered
>brand new Logitech mice (3 button variety) and associated software at a good
>price.
>
>I am one of the people who responded to the artice and sent money to
>Mr. Filipian almost a month ago.  I have not yet received the merchandise.
>Unfortunately, I have misplaced Mr. Filipian's home phone number included in
>the posting.  I have been unable to contact him at his work number.
>
>Would the person who posted the article kindly e-maily me Mr. Filipian's home
>phone number and address if available?  I would also be interested in finding
>out if any others who responded to the article (I know there was at least one
>from the New York area) had better luck.  Thanks in advance.

I'm the one that posted the ad for Robert Filipian, an alumni here at
UCLA.  I guess he flaked by not sending out the mice but here is his
phone number again for all of you who had problems with this guy:

			(213) 663-8006.

I don't have his address handy but I'll follow up with it sometime in the
near future.

I promise never to post items for this irresponsible Axx Hole ever again.

Tony Lei

INTERNET:	tony@math.ucla.edu
UUCP:		..!ucbvax!ucla-cs!math.ucla.edu!tony

thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) (04/13/89)

In article <788@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU>, tony@julia.math.ucla.edu (Tony Lei) writes:
> I'm the one that posted the ad for Robert Filipian, an alumni here at
> UCLA.  I guess he flaked by not sending out the mice but here is his
> phone number again for all of you who had problems with this guy:

I ordered from him, and I'll admit it took a while to get the mouse, but I
finally have it, and now if I can find the time, I will install it and see
how it works.  There is zero documentation with it.  But I can't complain
for the price I paid.

wg@alux2.ATT.COM (Bill Gieske) (04/14/89)

In article <522@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) writes:
> ......  There is zero documentation with it.  But I can't complain
> for the price I paid.

Perhaps not, at least for now.  For not much more I mail ordered my mouse
and have the ability to construct, fairly easily, customized menus for any
application, which greatly adds to the usefulness of the mouse.  The mouse
comes with a lifetime hardware warranty.  Logitech support is superb, but
available only to registered owners.  For example, they just shipped me for
free a customized WordPerfect 5.0 menu, source included so I can alter it
to my taste.

As an aside, if you have a Tektronix mouse, it is really a Logitech mouse.
The Tek cable from the mouse must be replaced with the Logitech cable, as the
pinouts are not the same.  But, the mouse iiself is identical.

thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) (04/18/89)

In article <522@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) writes:
> In article <788@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU>, tony@julia.math.ucla.edu (Tony Lei) writes:
> > I'm the one that posted the ad for Robert Filipian, an alumni here at
> > UCLA.  I guess he flaked by not sending out the mice but here is his
> > phone number again for all of you who had problems with this guy:
> >
> I ordered from him, and I'll admit it took a while to get the mouse, but I
> finally have it, and now if I can find the time, I will install it and see
> how it works.  There is zero documentation with it.  But I can't complain
> for the price I paid.

Now I can sort of complain.  I received the mouse, along with my check, un-
cashed.  The mouse does not work, it does not move the pointer around the
screen, but the buttons work.  He obviously knew these things were defective,
but what was the point of sending the mouse at all, why not just return the
check.  Anybody get one that worked?

rzahavi@GATEWAY.MITRE.ORG (Ron Zahavi) (04/28/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Re: Logitech Mice
Sorry if the header is screwed up, our server is having problems and I had
to send this via the back door.

> In article <522@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, thollowe@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tom Hollowell) writes:
> > In article <788@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU>, tony@julia.math.ucla.edu (Tony Lei) writes:
> > > I'm the one that posted the ad for Robert Filipian, an alumni here at
> > > UCLA.  I guess he flaked by not sending out the mice but here is his
> > > phone number again for all of you who had problems with this guy:
> > >
> > I ordered from him, and I'll admit it took a while to get the mouse, but I
> > finally have it, and now if I can find the time, I will install it and see
> > how it works.  There is zero documentation with it.  But I can't complain
> > for the price I paid.
> >

> Now I can sort of complain.  I received the mouse, along with my check, un-
> cashed.  The mouse does not work, it does not move the pointer around the
> screen, but the buttons work.  He obviously knew these things were defective,
> but what was the point of sending the mouse at all, why not just return the
> check.  Anybody get one that worked?

It's a chain-mouse, you have to unload it or else your pc will blow up :-)

 -- Ron --

      Ron Zahavi  (703) 883-5637                 Mitre Corporation
      rzahavi@gateway.mitre.org                  7525 Colshire Drive
                                                 McLean, VA  22102